W&H Molders give craftsmen the ability to create high quality details in their products. This detail is not possible without high quality, genuine Williams & Hussey profile knives.
Professional caliber profiles are made by home hobbyists, millworkers, contractors, cabinet shops, boat restoration companies, home renovation/ restoration experts and many other industries with William & Hussey molders and knives.
Choose from standard or custom W&H knives and add them to your collection.
Standard Profile KnivesA standard knife is a tried and true companion to a molder. These are the most popular profile options from Williams & Hussey. Knife sizes begin at 1" and increase by 1/2" increments up to 7".
- Precision bolt hole alignment
- Proper knife clearance
- Angle back off.
Custom Profile Knives
Custom knives are a popular option for renovation, restoration or when an "original" design is preferred. There are multiple steps to ensure customers get what they are looking for.
When a custom profile knife is produced, the customer becomes a client. Personal correspondence and consultation time with our knife team ensures customers are satisfied with their made-to-order product.
- We recommend a molding sample or a .dxf file is sent to us so an accurate replica can be made.
- Need a new idea or to adapt a current profile? We can help you come up with ideas or alternative solutions.
- After we have the sample or file, the profile is replicated.
- The customer is contacted to approve the new profile.
- The custom profile is then created from HSS (high speed steel).
- Next the knife is sharpened, carefully packaged and shipped to the customer.
It's important to keep knives clean and sharp. This will result in a smooth profile finish. Send your knives to us for sharpening at our facility:
Williams & Hussey Machine and Tool Co.
465 3rd Ave. SE
Britt, IA 50423
Our sharpening tech will inspect each set of knives for any damage and proper knife thickness. If rework is needed to repair damaged knives, our knife team will be in direct contact with customers. Sharpening services are generally completed within 1-2 business days.
Think of Williams & Hussey for all your knife needs!